Tuesday 24 November 2015

Green Porridge

Would you believe I wake up most mornings craving a cup of herbal white tea and a bowl of green porridge.

I've really got the hang of making this breakfast and letting cool down to the perfect temperature.....a knack you need to be able to eat this all year long including those hot summer months.

I use this great microwaveable lidded saucepan from Lakeland and add 50g of porridge oats, 250g of almond milk. Yes grams as I just use the scales. I zap in the microwave for 2 minutes and 40 seconds and then let it sit for 10 minutes.  After this time I add 1 heaped tablespoon of flaxseed, 1 heaped tablespoon of hemp protein powder, ½ teaspoon of wheatgrass powder and I stir in about a tablespoon of manuka honey. When I first started eating porridge it was more like 2 heaped tablespoons of honey but my tastebuds have changed this year. I pour the porridge mixture into a bowl and add 1 teaspoon of chia seeds.

Since having this for breakfast I have found I have a lot more energy for the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment