Monday 23 November 2015

Sweet Potato with Butter Beans and Avocado

I followed a recipe from Livia's Kitchen which I couldn't wait to try out.  The hubbie and I would regularly have Jacket Potato with Cheese and Beans but since eating more green and lean I've substituted the basic baking potato for a sweet potato but still having it with baked beans and adding some crumbly goats cheese on top.  However I won't lie, baked beans have a habbit of making themselves known the next day and I'm not a pleasure to be around!

So when I came across this recipe of Olivia's website I was eager to give it a go.  I had all the ingredients in stock; butter beans, avocado, cherry tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, limes and coriander. However when I mixed them all together I felt it needed a little more something so I added some spring onions and some feta cheese.  I zap my sweet potato in the microwave for 10 minutes whilst the oven is warming up then place it on the top shelf of the 200C oven for a further 10 minutes.

This dish was super yummy and I can't wait to have it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment