Tuesday 8 December 2015

Jamie Oliver’s Apricot, Ginger & Cashew Energy Balls

I don't often go supermarket shopping as I tend to shop online but I visited sainsburys about 4 times over the space of two weeks and I just kept seeing Jamie Oliver's new Everyday Superfood book.  I'd seen a few of his TV programmes so every visit I had a flick through wanting to try every recipe and my last visit I put it in the trolley.

Now due to copyright issues (although I couldn't find the small print) I can't copy and paste his recipe here however I will let you know that they are easy to make and have you'll have the majority of the ingredients in your cupboard; cashew nuts, sesame seeds, dried apricots, fresh ginger, mixed spice and manuka honey.  The only extra ingredient you will need to purchase is puffed brown rice which I managed to source on the reliable Amazon!

Jamie suggested his recipe made 12 portions but I like to be able to put a whole ball in my mouth in one go (comes as part of secret eating when working around toddlers!).  I made each ball to be about 10g and made 20 in total.  Using my trusty Mac Numbers spreadsheet these worked out at under 20p each!


No comments:

Post a Comment